MUSIC REVIEWS

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Kate Nash - Foundation review


3 out of 5 *** / *****





This witty young English eccentric is emerging with nothing to lose and everything to gain.  After the tiresome comparisons to the Lilly Allen's and Regina Spektor's of the world, Kate Nash is finally beginning to develop a name for herself.  On Nash's second single off of "Made of Bricks", the young 20 year old creates a humorous spin on a relationship that is heading south at rapid pace.  This song from the very beginning seems and clearly is more of a rant of frustration rather then an actual song that in itself shows the youth of Ms. Nash, yet the comedic value justifies the lack of structure throughout the verses.  The only moments of clarity come within the chorus "My fingertips are holding onto the cracks in our foundation and I know that I should let go, but I can't..."  "Foundation" may never create the buzz that such songs as "1, 2, 3, 4" or "Suddenly I see" have for this new wave of femme fatale's, but it still proves to be a quirky innocent delight.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home